Thursday, January 31, 2008

Pay No Attention to the Chick Behind the Curtain

Well, we've been on a little hiatus haven't we? I'm sure, as my Twelve Most Devoted readers, you have taken note and perhaps have been wondering... What Gives? OK, maybe just one of you took note, but whatever. It's just a little case of stage fright combined with several weeks of personal drama not fit for internet consumption. But here I am - Happy New Year, Ya'll!- and I am in that Clean Sweep frame of mind... therefore, I am blogging again. And blog I must. Because it's an awfully good way to clear a girl's mind. And 12 readers isn't exactly what you'd call a stage, right? So I'm just going to get over that. But maybe you could help me out? If you are a member of my real life and you read me here, maybe you shouldn't tell me. Better to just leave me an anonymous comment or something like that. Otherwise, I may start sweating and blushing and otherwise dying of embarrassment. Obviously, I'm highly un-evolved and also a big old fraidy cat. But I'm really glad you're reading. Just don't look at me while you're doing it.

2 comments:

Jo said...

Hi! Don't worry, I don't know you! I just started blogging myself, I am a semi-new mom (I have a one year old daughter) and found you because I googled the definition of "Lho provato sulla mia pelle" because I am reading "Eat Pray Love" in a virtual book club (a friend through blogging and I just started the book club and this is our first book). "L'ho provato sulla mia pelle" is exactly why I blog. It is so nice to know that others feel as you do. It is nerve wracking though having your feeling out there on a stage so to speak. I always worry about those who read my blog and DON'T comment b/c I know there are a fair amount who don't!

My sister used to live in Georgia so i have been there--so pretty. Her husband is in the airfoce and she has a blog too, From the Frontlines (I can't link for some reason). Good to meet you and glad to see you're blogging again. It DOES clear a girls head!

One Hot Mama said...

Jo, thank you! I love that you are doing a virtual book club! That's going to be so much fun. How are you structuring it? Will you blog about the books? I loved Eat, Pray, Love - I hope I get to read what you girls thought of it. Thank you for the encouragement. I need it!!