Monday, April 30, 2007

One More Thing

OK, the laundry's going. I have to ask you one more thing. Have you seen this movie? I know I'm well behind the curve of watching movies - I think this was released last year, but hey, I'm a mama. I've seen every new release of Dora the Explorer, if that makes it better. I believe this film got mixed reviews but I must say I thought it ROCKED. I hate to jump on the Leo bandwagon, but he is a HOT-tie and really a rather amazing actor. I was mesmerized by his mastery of the South African accent and language, and his ability to be so intense on top of it. The story itself stays with you...I can't stop thinking about it.

5 comments:

somepinkflowers said...

hello, hello...i just put stuff and things into the washer and sat down to read your blog...and it was about doing laundry!
go figure! actually i LIKE doing laundry because it is so measurable.

i like to see the high stacks of cleanness.
tall stacks mean i am a better person...
or something...

with your baby girls you must have stacks and stacks, which makes you a far better person than me!

now don't you feel better?
see how this works!

somepinkflowers said...

PS--have not seem this movie yet but it is on my list...

did you see LOST last night?

do you like the connection between sawyer and john locke???

ooooh, so dark....

still loving desmond :-)

One Hot Mama said...

Yes! It is a WEB of darkness! And they finally introduced the concept of them all being in purgatory, which is a theory of one of my friends. Very interesting!
See, I need to think like you about laundry. To me it is completely unquantifiable since it just reappears endlessly and without warning, like the black cloud thing on Lost. haha

Gayle said...

I rented Blood Diamond over the weekend. Not my usual movie "type", but I really liked it! I am reading a book about the Civil War in Sierra Leone - funny how I am reading it at the same time you mentioned the movie. You might like the book - A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah.

One Hot Mama said...

Too serious for the beach? I would love to read it.