Thursday, May 24, 2007

My Well-Oiled Machine: Kerchunk

Is it possible to have blogger's block? I have nothing worthwhile to write about. So I'll just write about something non-worthwhile. You lucky reader you! Tomorrow is the last day of school for Big Stuff. Yikes! Just yesterday was the First Day of School. How did she learn to read, do math and discuss world events in just one day? It's incredible, I tell you. I must admit I'm rather rattled about the prospect of (dum, dum, dum)... a CHANGE IN MY ROUTINE. For someone who fancies herself to be somewhat carefree and spontaneous, it's a real shock to realize I'm not spontaneous at all. I feel like the world is spinning out of control! How will I be able to form an uninterrupted thought with the gals at my shoulder all day, every day? Where am I going to find my Piece of Quiet? More importantly, what will I do without a new episode of Lost for three whole months?! It boggles the mind. It's like my routine is this gorgeous piece of artwork I have sculpted out of nothing, and it's working like a machine, right? A machine that breaks down once or twice a week, but still. It's MY machine, so don't knock it. And now I have to let it go and start all over again. I don't know why I'm so rattled. There are LOTS of good things happening this summer. Here's one: We're going on vacation soon! I have a feeling that a week of no phone, no TV, no driving to and fro, very little food preparation, a minimum of laundry and the sound of waves will help transition me into a better frame of mind. The hardest decision I have in front of me is what book to take. Yeah, baby! Now that's a change in routine I can get on board with.

No comments: