Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Jump!

Well, summer's going real fine, thanks for asking. I must admit a small letdown, as we took our vacation tres early this year, and I'm already scheming about where to go on our next summer vacation. But there's still plenty of good stuff going, no doubt about it. Tonight's excitement was Cutie Pie trying to bribe Small Fry to learn to swim via a three-day old chocolate milkshake from Chic-Fil-A squirreled away in our freezer. "Come on baby, just jump in...it's all for the chocolate milkshake now. Come on, on the count of three. One...two...three..." Annnnnddddd nothing. "I'm not doing that, daddy," she says, very matter of fact. For an outrageous daredevil who hasn't figured out that she's not invincible, she sure does have a healthy respect for that pool. Which I'm plenty glad of, believe you me. BUT the crazy thing is, during "learning" as she calls it, she has been known to step right off that bottom step as soon as I turn my back...but to swim INTO my waiting arms??? Well, that's just out of the question. It's so her, though. She will do it on the day, in the hour, on the minute that she's ready to do it. Our job is to wait patiently. And try to bribe her with milkshakes.

Post update: Two days after this post, Small Fry jumped like a wild woman into the neighborhood pool, unprompted and unassisted. And then proceeded to do it about 50 more times!

No comments: