Monday, July 30, 2007

Well, I Was Right...

Yep, the bad follows the good. I got three days of all-out, life-couldn't-BE-any-better bliss before the crap rained down. Well, I can't say it rained down really..it's just that one piece of my elaborate, 458-balls-in-the-air balancing act got jettisoned into outer space unexpectedly, leaving me dumbfounded and perturbed. Doesn't it just plain old stink when you can't orchestrate every detail of your life to your liking? But things could be worse. And I'm nothing if not adaptable! LaLaLa! So, disappointments and annoyances aside...I've just come off a week of child-free bliss. My girls were happily ensconced at Camp Grandma and Grandpa last week. They had a fantastic time swimming, having tea parties, discovering river gems and lizard skeletons and a ton of other happy events while Mommy....that's right, remodeled their playroom. I should have probably spent the week doing something completely unrelated to childhood (and I did a few things -more on that later), but it was actually rather fun! I spent hours and hours painting and putting together furniture and reorganizing stuff (oh the joy!) without having to feel guilty for saying 12 times a day...Hey, go watch another movie and don't you dare stick your hand in that paint can or you will be sorry. And it turned out so cute. I myself would like to play in there now. And I did. Do you realize how relaxing it is to put puzzles together? If it's good enough for a mental patient, it's good enough for me I always say. LaLaLa!

3 comments:

Gayle said...

I am confused. What is your bad news?

Anonymous said...

I love the playroom - you did an awesome job I too would love to sit, play, organize and anticipate all the fun memories that will be shared there between sisters. Good Job. It was great getting to see the girls during their "Camp Grandma" visit. Teeny will be proud of your paint job. Love, debs

One Hot Mama said...

well, I'm glad he won't be looking at it UP CLOSE. heehee