Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Death and Taxes

Well, my messy desk has finally gotten the best of me. It's taken on a life of its own. I have misplaced bills that needed to be paid, and I can't find many pieces of vital info I need to complete my taxes. It doesn't help that I never officially unpacked my office after the move. But, don't these people know I have much more interesting things to do than sit at this desk all day pushing paper around? Don't they know that there are blue skies to be admired, children to be played with and trips to sunny destinations to be planned? How did I get here? How did I become the "responsible party"? I used to just be the party! Yes, I am whining. It isn't the first time, and it won't be the last. Life seems to get more complicated every year. I simply must simplify. Sadly, I have no time to study simplification although I sorely need a crash course. I only have time to secretly hate Martha Stewart and anyone like her. I realize she is only trying to educate me, but I don't want to make cereal box organizers, Martha! Stop pressuring me! And speaking of ole Martha - isn't she just a hoot? She catches all kinds of hell for being a prissy Miss Perfect, and yet she doesn't take full advantage of it and make fun of herself more often. I say play it up, girl - you are ripe for comedy! Today she told Danny Glover not to stick his spatula into her mix master thing while it was mixing. He was like, DUH I'm not an idiot, Martha. But she couldn't let it go, could she? She had to keep telling him WHY he shouldn't stick his spatula into a whirling blade-like apparatus. Oh Martha, Martha. ( Bet she has someone to do her taxes....Curses!)

No comments: