Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Lions, Tigers and Bears, oh my...(well, not bears...)


The girls and I visited Zoo Atlanta today with some friends. The best part: Small Fry asking me, "Mama, what is the tiger thinking about?" as he paced back and forth in front of his cage door. I don't know about the PC-ness of zoos...they are a little sad to me, but then again, when are we, as regular citified types, ever going to see such amazing animals up close and personal? It sure does strike a chord with my girls. They laughed out loud at the orange, dancing elephants (the elephants are covered in red Georgia clay... talk about your mud baths). They insisted that the panda bear was waving at them. The gorilla looked "mad" but it was decided in the end that that's just the way his face was made. The baby gorillas, which looked eerily like some little girls I once knew, were deemed "cute" but smelly. The "mingos" were smelly also, and why do they stand on one leg like that, mama? hmmmmmm.....let me break out my biology text, gals. I like it that my girls are curious. I'm waiting with bated breath to hear what kind of questions they will come up with next.
Oh yes, and when I asked my oldest why we had the day off from school, she said because it's a King's birthday today. :-)

No comments: