Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Crush

Don't tell anyone ...but I have a crush. He is wonderfully handsome, over-the-top talented, endlessly creative, hilariously funny, a true southern gentleman... and my goodness, you should see the dimples on this one! We've been carrying on for years - shhhh. And I saw him today. It had been months since I'd seen him last, and then BAM, there he was... right there in the gym, talking to Rosie O'Donnell on the TV screen, cool as could be. And me in my sweats and T-shirt and ratty tennis shoes! Devastating! I think this is why they call it a CRUSH.

Yes, my crush is Harry Connick Jr. I think I actually gasped when I saw him on The View this morning. I don't have many crushes on celebrities, probably due to my annoying insistence on living in the real world. They are almost always disappointing when you get a glimpse of what they are probably like in real life. But this is one guy who has yet to disappoint. (Well, that Copycat movie put me off him for a year or two, but everyone makes mistakes.) Now he's back in my good graces and doing his thing better than ever. Yummy. That's all I have to say about that.

I have been lucky enough to see HCJ in concert. His music was always on in the background when Cutie Pie and I were falling in love (which is probably another reason I like him so much). Once, when I was on a business trip in NOLA, a rumor circulated that Harry Connick would be performing at a little hole-in-the-wall bar. I knew it was too good to be true, but I herded my colleagues and made everyone go to the little hole-in-the-wall bar and wait for my Harry. Yes, you guessed it. His dad was the one performing. No junior. But it was really fine, because his dad is just as yummy and talented as his son! I love to see a person well-shaped by his kin. What a great testimony to family. Now that is one family I would love to have supper with sometime. Did you know HCJ has three daughters? We have so much in common. I would even be nice to his ridiculously sweet and beautiful wife. Swear.

No comments: